Cheat Day.. you’ve been there, I’ve been there, I think we all have. It can mean different things to different people, and Thursday night it meant using a cake box mix for me! Ever since I learned to bake a cake from scratch, I’ve been against baking with a pre-made mix, BUT it was cheat day, also it was a school night & the night was against me (11pm). There’s nothing wrong with using a box mix, but I honestly think that cakes from scratch are always better. They’re both really tasty, though! 🙂
So now I’m going to tell you about these cupcakes, they’re perfect for any day! Cookies & creme😋 that’s all you really need to know! Now how to make them:
Prepare cupcake liners on cupcake pan
• Prepare your cake mix, whether it’s from a box or from scratch! You could choose whatever flavor you’d like, but I chose Classic White.
• Add a bit of the batter into each cup (about a quarter full)
• Then place Oreos inside & press down so that the batter spreads. *Not adding the batter first will cause the Oreo to stick to the paper & it won’t bake well, it’ll taste like a crunchy mess!*
• Crush some Oreos and place them into the remaining batter
• Mix the Oreos in well, it should look like this if you’re using a white mix as well.
• Fill the rest of your cupcakes with batter, each cupcake should be at least 3/4 full
• Place your cupcakes into the oven for the required time. The temperature & time the cupcakes need all depends on the recipe of cake mix that you use.
• You know they’re ready when you stick a toothpick (or fork) in the center and it comes out clean.
• While the cupcakes cool, start making the frosting. I chose a vanilla creme cheese frosting.
Here’s the recipe:
• 3 Tablespoons of Milk
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 32 oz of powdered sugar
• 8 oz creme cheese
• 6 oz of softened butter
• Steps for the frosting:
1. Mix the butter and creme cheese together
2. Add the milk & vanilla extract
3. Gradually add the powdered sugar
Mix all ingredients until you get to your desired frosting texture OR use some pre-made frosting.
• Frost the cupcakes as desired. Since it’s cheat day, I decided to frost my cupcakes using the back of the spoon instead of taking out my piping bags & tips!
Share this cheat day with friends & family or keep all your cupcakes to yourself ! One thing you should do is… ENJOY them! 🙂
*REMEMBER* Cake and frosting flavors are your choice, you decide what you want to add, how to decorate, etc.
Have fun !!!